Wednesday, September 23, 2009

NOTHING KOREAN..!! For this one post at least..

I'm sure many Penangites know of the recently opened Hard Rock Hotel at Batu Ferringhi so I'm not gonna waste time by repeating that news.. Although I think I just did..


Anyway my parents decide to go all the way to the other side of the island to check out the new Hard Rock Hotel and dine at the famed Hard Rock Cafe.. I was pretty excited.. I've only tried Planet Hollywood before so Hard Rock is new to me..

We decided to go at lunch because there's this rule at HR that prohibits those under the age of 21 to enter HR Cafe after 10.30pm..


The hotel had a very simple look and I think its smart.. Greeting us at the main entrance was a huge Hard Rock guitar.. Our experience there didnt start off particularly well thanks to two KL cars who parked at such a ridiculous angle that it took up most of the parking space we had.. To make things worse, we took the Harrier..


Anyway after managing to get out of the car, we headed to the Cafe and I was pretty shocked to see Michael Jackson.. Yea well dont get too excited, it was just an all white (ironic?) Michael statue sitting in front of the Cafe.. We were seated as soon as we got in but I have to say the place is a little small.. As soon as I sat down I could see items from legendary artistes in frames and pictures of various artistes.. Something did kill my mood a little though.....
The table was wobbling like a drunk Jack Sparrow..!!


Ignoring that I was pretty amazed by the place.. Food was great for me but unfortunately I cant say the same for the rest of my family.. The chicken was dry and pretty tasteless inside.. My Pulled-Lamb Sandwich was good and it filled me up pretty good..


After the meal, one thing went through everyone's mind on that table...

CHILI'S IS CHEAP compared to Hard Rock..

Went around the hotel to just check out the place and its pretty good.. Well I'm no design student but I think they did pretty good.. I was pretty excited to discover the Hall of Fame but was embarrassed when the person in charge there told me it was just the name of their ballroom.. Laugh it up guys..



I dont think there's much else to talk about..

I'd really appreciate feedback on my posts, layouts, videos or anything at all.. After all, what's a blog when the readers dont like the content?

Out..
and I also need to think of a better signing-out line..

No comments:

Post a Comment