Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ni Hao.. China : Day 3

Well its been awhile but here's Day 3..

We left the hotel at around 8.30am and headed for some silk factory place.. Not my kind of place because I cant get shit from there.. Plus the fact that I've been to silk factories in my last two visits to China as well..

We visited some hot spring place where the emperor and his concubines used to spend one of the four seasons at.. It was raining which annoyed me because it was already cold enough.. It then snowed but only for like a good 5 minutes.. It was tempting to stick my hang into one of the hot spring water fountains but the idea of my hand losing the heat soon after and freezing from the wetness kinda changed my mind.. One of the popular places to take pictures for men was the statue of the emperor's favorite concubine.. Naked.. Yup the emperor's memorial for his favorite concubine is a statue of her naked.. I wonder if that's the only way he remembers her.. LOL..








After lunch we headed to the Terracotta Warrior site.. My ultimate goal for the trip.. It was amazing just looking at it and I had to fight my way to a better view.. Call me crazy but I felt a sense of achievement when I finally saw the site with my own eyes.. Another site on my checklist crossed out.. Its said that until now, there has not been any two warriors with the same face.. and this is only a small section of what's expected.. The tomb has yet to be found.. I think.. We spent quite some time there but it was back on the bus after that..










 
It was supposed to be a long bus ride to the place we're having our dinner so I decided to take a nap.. I woke up 2 hours later and found out we were stuck in a horrible traffic jam and that we've only moved no more than 2 blocks during that time.. Had to make an unplanned stop at another restaurant for dinner.. Everyone was starving so we filled ourselves up quite nicely before trying the roads again.. Our super driver decided to take other routes and managed to find his way onto the highway.. We eventually arrived at the hotel at around 12.30am..






Next: Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment