Thursday, March 24, 2011

Random: Nationalities that I am NOT.

This is a random post. Irrelevant since I already put "RANDOM" on the title.

Well since I came to the USA, I have been mistaken by many people to be of certain nationalities that I am not part of. Ironically, no one ever guessed Malaysia and whenever I say I'm from Malaysia, they always give me the same responds: "OH..........*awkwardness*"

So what have I been mistaken as?

Korean (actually makes me kinda happy.. LOL)
Japanese (my Japanese friends kindly objects whenever that happens)
Malay (not a nationality and I am Chinese)
Chinese (I'm not Chinese. LOL confused? I'm Malaysian Chinese. NOT from China.)
ABC (American Born Chinese - nope. My English too good? =P)

Next time before you make a guess, let me list some that I am definitely NOT just to narrow your list down. This is not to offend or show distaste towards certain nationalities. I just don't look anything like them.

Indonesian
Thai
Cambodian
Vietnamese
Indian
Any European country
Any South American country
NORTH KOREAN (over my dead body)
Laosian
Any Pacific Islander
Aussie
Kiwi
Middle-Eastern
African

I think that narrows it down to like what, 5 countries? Happy guessing.

eIVANne

1 comment:

  1. Would that be Singapore, Hongkong (isn't that China now?), Taiwan, Malaysia, and one other (!) (guess I am not smarter than a 5th grader lol)

    ReplyDelete