Friday, February 11, 2011

Rant: Valentine's Day.

Hey there! How's it goin'? Sorry I've been away for so long.

The reason I'm doing this is because there's a lot of shit going down in my home country these days and I am really sick of reading about the shit. Makes me feel embarrassed. What if people come up to me and say "Hey! You're from that messed up place aren't ya?"? What if?


The latest joke was about this whole Valentine's Day celebration. Now I know what Valentine's Day is. It is a day where lovers express their love for each other (actually you can do that everyday) and where single men finally have the balls to ask a girl out just because he bought expensive roses (which by the way, triples in cost during this week.) and chocolates for the girl he desires.


I am no expert in religion but I am sure as hell that Valentine's wasn't in Buddhist, Taoist, Hindu, Sikh, Baha'i, and in whatever religion you can find. I am pretty sure Valentine's is NOT a custom in any of the mentioned religions. We celebrate it anyway. Why? Because its a day of love, passion, romance, and I am starting to sound like a girl.


Now I've not had good Valentine's Days in the past. In fact, the first time I've ever celebrated Vday was last year and I can tell you now I regretted it. Oh yeah, RE-to the-GRET! Anyway I'm just annoyed at how couples and new found interests can't share this day together in peace now because there is apparently gonna be patrolling by a bunch of people who never had a decent Valentine's Day in their lives.

GROW A PAIR!

I mean seriously what you do and how you do it is none of our business and we respect that. So why can't you leave those sweet lovers alone and let them do whatever the hell they want? Hey, its not like they're forcing you to watch. Who invited you to the party?


Here's another brilliant thing I've just reallized. Even IF you do patrol the streets and strike fear into those poor young innocent souls, what makes you think they don't have their ways? I mean honestly if they knew you'd be out on the streets and so-called "lover spots" trying to find them, who in their right mind would let you find them? And if these people are doing "immoral" things, what are you? I mean you're trying to invade their priacy and tell them what to do. Heck, you're even LOOKING for them while they're in action. Now seriously, who has moral issues now?

LEAVE THEM LOVERS ALONE!

So to all my readers, if you're still here, what are your Valentine's Day plans? I would love to read your comments and plans for the day. I'm not actually expecting to see any comments but I thought it makes me cooler to say this. Enjoy your Valentine's Day people.

BTW FYI, I am not doing anything for Valentine's Day. It was never my thing. I do have a 5 minute Skype date with the best-friend though. ;)

Missing you, Jayhawk...



Thank you!

Yours truly,
eIVANne

5 comments:

  1. YOU'RE A PATHETIC LOSER READING UR FB STATUSES MAKE ME SICK
    BUT U AMAZED ME, I'VE NEVER MET SOMEONE THINK SO HIGH OF ITSELF
    BRAVO. AND EVERYONE CAN TELL YOU'RE TRYING SOOOO HARD TO GET POPULAR ON YOUTUBE, SAD DOUCHEBAG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be frank it exists in Buddhism just that it is carried out on a different day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous 1: I am not sure about Buddhism but its sad they make this a religious issue.

    anonymous 2: thank you for your comment. no I'm not trying to be famous on YouTube but I do love vlogging. And yes I do think pretty highly of.myself. especially over people like you who have no intellectual substance and only make bullshit comments. I hope my status on fb continue to male you sick. I love pissing ppl like you off. have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, im so lame, i never done anything big for valentine day. too shy and to much pride when i was in junior and high school so i really didnt ask any girl in vietnam out for a date.
    for other couple, im jealous and happy for them. 1 of the girl in my junior high i used to like just started a relationship, hehe feel weird a little bit but i move on already.

    for asian culture, it's not straigh forward like the western one and we surely dont have a certain, exact day to celebrate love between couple. so it's kind of understandable if it doesnt present in buddhism, taoism or.....

    by the way i dont have any plan for valentine day either. let's have a bromance dinner in the cafe lululululul

    ReplyDelete