Thursday, March 31, 2011

0330 by U-Kiss

I was never a big fan of Korean group U-Kiss to begin with. I have always found their music to be purely auto-tune and I've always argued that they only ever had one or two proper singers in the group. I'm sorry U-Kiss fans but I could never take a group with 4 rappers seriously.

However, the recent departure of what I think are 2 of the group's rappers is exactly what the group needs to become a serious force in Kpop. Alexander and Kibum left U-Kiss with one pursuing further studies while the latter quits to form a company of some sort with his ex-SS501 member brother Hyunjung. (U-Kiss fans, correct me if I got anything wrong)

Instead of continuing with the members that they still have, U-Kiss is joined by 2 new members. Both new members are said to be vocalists and that is why I think it is a good step ahead for U-Kiss. Don't get me wrong, I loved their auto-tuned songs like Insignificant, Round & Round, and Shut Up but their latest track is really good. It took me a few painful times of listening to like their past 3 hits but it only took once for me to like their new song 0330. in fact, I'm listening to it now (2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th time).

The song is about not being able to sleep after the departure of their loved one. 0330 means 03:30am which says something like they couldn't sleep till 03:30am. Anyway enough of my blabbing. Just listen to the song. I believe even my sister, the real anti-U-Kiss person will love this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment