Monday, April 11, 2011

And just like that, I turn 20.

Some of you may have noticed that I turned 20 a week ago. Some may not. But it's alright.

Being new here I didn't expect much for my birthday. I do appreciate the wishes on Facebook. However, I can't help but to think that I would have fewer wishes if Facebook didn't remind people about it.

Anyway 2 days before my birthday, Judy invited me to her house to meet Chong, another guy from Penang who used to go to school at Mount. What I didn't know that it was also a planned birthday dinner. I can't thank her enough for doing all that. We had laksa, durian, bee ko moi, and lots of other Malaysian delicacies.It was a good day.

Forgot to mention that I did some volunteer work at the nearby youth center in the morning. Is it still volunteering if you get extra credit for it? I needed it though.









My Vietnamese friends made a video for me and tried to surprise me at midnight when it was finally my birthday. I really loved the effort even though I knew about it way before they executed it. This is what happened:

1) Saturday after dinner at Judy's, they refused to let me join them when we usually do every Saturday.
2) Sunday they acted weird.
3) Late Night (Mount Union's cafeteria serves supper) was usually at 10pm but this time they said lets go at 11.
4) Jess said she bought a pet mouse and wanted us to go see.
5) When I said I was tired and wanted to go home, they insisted that I followed them to see the "mouse".

What I found was a gathering at the TV area and they made a video for me. I'd post it up here but it was removed. I will try to get it from them and post it up myself.

And just like that... I have turned 20. In a blink of an eye, I am 20 years and 1 week old. Man time sure flies.

eIVANne

No comments:

Post a Comment