Monday, March 14, 2011

Flashback..!!

I spent my entire Sunday morning on YouTube listening to those Eurodance pop songs from back in the 90's. I'm proud to say I was born in a very musically productive decade. It was a pretty peaceful decade too!

Since the new millennium, the world has witnessed 9/11, countless terrorist threats, increasing fear of flying, catastrophic national disasters, and even worse........... JUSTIN BIEBER! Ok, I'm kidding. I don't hate her anymore. HIM! I mean him. It's not his fault he got famous. He's just talented enough to get spotted and lucky for him, his producer happens to be Usher. So yes, I don't hate the Bieber anymore. Hating = Jealousy.

So I'm going off topic here but my point is that the world has changed since the 90's. Heck every decade has a different trend. 2000-2010 saw an increase in rap music and people who collaborate with rappers. No offense to rap lovers but rap music is a complete 180 degrees on what the 90's used to be.

The 90's was filled with love songs from those cheesy boy bands that can't go through a song without the words "LOVE", "FOREVER", and "BABI". Sorry, typo. I meant to say "BABY". *It wasn't planned I swear!* The 90's was also filled with this genre of music called Eurodance. It's basically songs with club style beats with lame lyrics that doesn't make any sense.

So I finally get to the main point of my post. Here are some of the Eurodance tracks from groups like Vengaboys, Aqua, and The Cartoons. IT. IS. EPIC. I will also include some of the boy band songs from groups like Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, 98 degrees, Westlife, 911!! (I WAS A HUGE FAN!).....man that's a lot of boy bands. They do have upbeat tracks as well. In fact, I'm gonna post up some of the upbeat tracks instead.

Eurodance:

Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom Boom


The Cartoons - Witch Doctor


Aqua - Dr. Jones


Boy Bands:

Backstreet Boys - Everybody


98 Degrees - I Do


N'Sync - POP


Westlife - Flying Without Wings


911 - All I Want Is You


BONUS! I just remembered that the 90's was also the SPICE GIRLS' era! lol

Spice Girls - Wannabe (One of my favorites) Apparently, some of them have never heard of a bra before. You'll know what I'm talking about when you watch the video.


Did you know that Simon Cowell was the man behind the Spice Girls? And did you know that Simon Cowell also formed SClub7? HAHA!

SClub7 - SClub Party (TOTALLY OWNS HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL & GLEE)


I'm done for now. LOL. It's just good to listen to the old songs that shaped our childhood.

eIVANne

No comments:

Post a Comment